What information does NBCUniversal have about me?
- Information you provide to us, for example:
- Contact information and account registration details, such as your email address to send you messages about your favorite reality shows.
- Identification and demographics, such as gender, education and genres of movies you are interested in, so we can personalize your experience.
- Transactional data, such as the tickets you have purchased with us, so that we can ensure you have the appropriate entitlements.
- User-generated content, such as photos or videos that you upload, so that you can participate in a competition.
- Research and feedback, such as your comments, so that we can improve our services.
- Biometric identifiers, such as your fingerprints if you visit our Parks to prevent fraud.
- Audio and video, such as an audio recording of a customer service call, so that we can train our staff.
- Information we collect automatically, for example:
- Device information and identifiers, such as your IP address or browser type, so we can ensure our website is optimized to your viewing needs.
- Connection and usage data, such as the fact that you opened one of our emails, so that we serve you more relevant content.
- Geolocation, such as your city to ensure we serve our live content in the right time zone.
- Information we obtain from third parties, for example:
- Information from public and commercial services, such as your shopping preferences to better tailor advertising to you.
- Social media information, such as your social media login data if you choose to sign into one of our services that way.
How does NBCUniversal use my personal information?
- Provide the NBCUniversal Services, for example if you have trouble accessing a feature on a website, we can offer you support. We may also use the fact that you had trouble to work to improve that feature or create new ones.
- Personalize your experience, for example if you like to watch action movies, we may show you other action movies you may enjoy.
- Send you marketing communications, for example we may send you information about a sweepstakes to win a trip to our Parks.
- Provide a seamless experience across platforms, for example, we will recognize your log-in so you can finish the tv episode you started on a different device and serve you advertising based on what you view.
- Market and Advertise for third parties, for example we may take the fact that you enjoy articles about celebrities and use that fact to serve you relevant or related advertisements.
- Protect our users, Services, and properties, for example we may detect an unauthorized attempt to log in to an account.
How does NBCUniversal share my personal information?
- Related Companies. For example, we may want to understand audience overlap with Sky.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties. For example, we may collect a device ID along with the content you have viewed and conclude you may enjoy scary movies. We may then pass your device ID along to an advertising network in order to serve you advertisements about scary movies.
- Partners. For example, you may ask us to share your information with an airline or hotel in order to book a flight as part of a vacation package.
- Social Networks. For example, you may click ‘share’ to have a news story from an NBCUniversal property appear on your social media account. When you do this some information about you will be passed to the platform.
- Service Providers. For example, we may user a vendor to collect data about a user’s ‘journey’—what webpage they start on, what pages they view and for how long--to optimize our website.
- Search Engines. For example, if you post a picture of a drawing you made on one of our websites, that drawing may then be available via search engines since the website is publicly available.
- Law Enforcement. For example, we may work with law enforcement if we detect potential fraud on one of our digital platforms.
How does NBCUniversal use tracking technology like cookies?
Does NBCUniversal sell my personal information?
The California Consumer Privacy Act defines a ‘sale’ in a way that may include allowing a third party to receive certain information to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. This profiling powers interest-based advertising on some NBCUniversal sites and services, and allows us to keep many of our sites and services at low or no cost. To learn how to opt-out, you can go to this link.
In Nevada we are required to state that certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. While NBCUniversal does not currently engage in this activity, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from NBCUniversal, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line.
Can I make a request to access and delete my data?
Depending on your country or State of residence, you may have the right to have your personal information deleted, or ask for a copy of it. If you live in California, you (or your authorized agent) can exercise your access or deletion right here or by calling 1-800-447-0663. Other US residents who may wish to learn about their access and deletion rights, can do so here. Alternatively, please contact us on email@example.com and include “My Rights” in the subject line of your email.
Can I submit a request on someone else’s behalf?
In accordance with local law, depending on your country or state or residence, a third party may be allowed to submit an individual rights request on your behalf. To learn more about authorized agents submitting requests for California residents click here.
How do I opt out of email marketing messages?
Open the email from the NBCUniversal brand you wish to stop receiving marketing from and click on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the message.
Following the above process will only unsubscribe you from the marketing messages from that particular brand. If you wish to opt out of the marketing distribution lists of multiple NBCUniversal brands, please do so on a per-brand basis.