1. What is the purpose and scope of this document?
This Casting Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information (as described in section 3 below) while casting for our film, television, digital and other productions (“Productions”).
This Notice applies to individuals whose personal information we receive as part of the casting process for any of our Productions, across all NBCUniversal brands.
In this Notice, we will use the terms “NBCUniversal”, “we”, “us” and “our” to refer to the NBCUniversal brand that is producing the show or other content that you would like us to consider you for.
We may update this Notice at any time.
This Notice does not form part of any contract with you.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information about you through our casting process, either directly from you or from your agent, or from third parties such as casting agencies, talent agencies or co-production companies.
If we engage you for a Production, we will collect additional personal information. If you are a California resident, please see the NBCUniversal California Workforce Privacy Notice.
3. What information do we collect, and why?
Please see below for the kinds of information we may hold about you and the purposes for which we use them.
- Name and contact information, such as address, telephone numbers and email addresses, of you and of other individuals whose details you have provided to us, so we can communicate with you or them, including to comply with laws.
- Other information provided by you or your representatives as part of the casting process, which (as permitted by law) may include your experience and personal characteristics, so that we may consider your suitability for a role.
- Photos and videos of you that you submit to us or that we take during the casting process, so we can consider whether you are suitable for a role.
- Your age or age range (if required or permitted by law), for example so we can meet our obligations under child labor laws.
- Union/Guild membership information so we can comply with collective bargaining agreements and other legal requirements.
- Demographic information – We will use information that we may collect about your demographics to ensure meaningful equal opportunity and diversity and inclusion monitoring and reporting, and to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may use the above personal information to comply with the law, to seek legal advice from outside counsel or in connection with litigation with a third party, and to ensure compliance with policies, guidelines and contracts.
4. Who is your personal information disclosed to?
We will share your personal information with people within NBCUniversal to carry out the purposes described in this Notice. These may include people within functions such as production operations, development, labor, physical production, legal, and production finance.
We may share relevant personal information with the following categories of recipients, if applicable:
- Service Providers: For example, transport and security providers, so that they can provide the relevant services.
- Co-production companies: We may share information with co-production companies, for example to make casting decisions.
- Distribution, Publicity, and Marketing partners: Limited production workforce personal information is provided to potential and existing distribution, publicity and marketing partners in connection with the distribution of the film or show.
Other disclosures: Generally, NBCUniversal shares personal information other than as described above as follows:
- when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order;
- in response to a request for assistance by a law enforcement agency; and
- to seek legal advice from NBCUniversal’s external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
5. How we protect your personal information
We maintain organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect the information we collect and use. These safeguards vary depending upon a variety of factors including the sensitivity of the information we collect and use. Despite all reasonable practices, no security method is infallible.