NEW YORK – November 14, 2017 - - TODAY was the number-one morning show outright last Wednesday and Friday, placing first in total viewers and all demos. TODAY has now finished first across-the-board on multiple days for the third week this season. For the week, TODAY posted its highest total viewership in more than two months (since week of 9/4/2017). TODAY was also the number-one morning show in the key demo A25-54, marking 98 straight weeks in the top spot (114 of the last 115 weeks), its best streak in more than five years. Compared to the same week last year, TODAY closed the total viewer gap versus GMA by 17%, and is posting its best season-to-date total viewer margin vs. “Good Morning America” since 2011.
Additionally, for the third consecutive week, Megyn Kelly TODAY at 9 a.m. and TODAY with Kathie Lee and Hoda at 10 a.m. posted week-to-week growth among A25-54 and A18-49. Megyn Kelly TODAY was also up in total viewers versus the previous week, and on Friday, delivered its second-best total viewer delivery and third-best demo delivery since its launch.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.75||10||3,814||0.56||724||0.83||1,006|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.25||12||4,511||0.74||959||1.16||1,394|
TODAY averaged 1.494 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +100,000 (+7%) and CBS This Morning by +488,000 (+49%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 98 consecutive weeks (best streak in over five years) and 114 of the last 115 weeks
- TODAY delivered a 1.24 A25-54 rating, +0.08 points ahead of GMA and +0.41 points more than CBS
TODAY averaged 1.150 million A18-49 viewers, +191,000 (+20%) more than GMA and +426,000 (+59%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s 0.89 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.15 points and CBS by +0.33 points
TODAY averaged 4.349 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +535,000 (+14%)
- TODAY added +165,000 viewers (+4%) week-over-week and posted its highest total viewership in nine weeks (since week of 9/4/2017)
TODAY finished #1 across-the-board on Wednesday and Friday
- TODAY and GMA tied in P2+ on Wednesday, while TODAY took Friday by +57,000 viewers
- TODAY has finished #1 across-the-board on multiple days for the third week this season
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers
- Leads GMA by +112,000 and CBS by +546,000
TODAY ranks #1 among A18-49 viewers
- Leads GMA by +173,000 and CBS by +449,000
TODAY ranks #2 among total viewers
- Trails GMA by -135,000, 17% narrower than YAGO (-163,000); best STD P2+ margin vs. GMA since 2011.
- Leads CBS by +600,000
TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS:
TODAY reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo with over 35.5 million unique visitors turning to TODAY.com in September for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 45 consecutive months (54 out of the last 55), TODAY.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo. TODAY.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to delivering more than 3x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in September 2017.