NEW YORK – February 13, 2018 –NBC News’ TODAY is the number-one morning show outright for both season to date and last week, ahead of the Olympics, in total viewers, the key A25-54 demo and A18-49. TODAY won across the board every day last week before Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Al Roker kicked off Olympic coverage live from PyeongChang. TODAY had its largest total viewer win over GMA in 10 weeks and has won the key demo for 111 straight weeks, its best demo streak in more than five years. Additionally, TODAY was the only morning program to post total viewer growth vs. the same week last season.
Both Megyn Kelly TODAY at 9 a.m. and TODAY with Kathie Lee & Hoda at 10 a.m. posted double digit increases in total viewers and across all key demos compared to the prior week.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.61||10||3,632||0.58||746||0.84||1,017|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.16||13||4,381||0.78||1,008||1.17||1,418|
TODAY averaged 1.722 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +304,000 (+21%) and CBS This Morning by +705,000 (+69%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 111 consecutive weeks (best streak in over five years) and 127 of the last 128 weeks
- TODAY had its highest A25-54 viewership and widest advantage over GMA in 10 weeks (since week of 11/27/2017
- Compared to the prior week, TODAY’s A25-54 viewership increased by +149,000 (+9%) and widened its advantages over GMA by 89% and CBS by 29%
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY was the only broadcast to post demo growth (+19,000) while seeing higher advantages over the competition: 65% higher vs. GMA and 21% higher vs. CBS
- TODAY delivered a 1.43 A25-54 rating, +0.26 points ahead of GMA and +0.59 points more than CBS
TODAY averaged 1.285 million A18-49 viewers, +277,000 (+27%) more than GMA and +539,000 (+72%) higher than CBS
- Among A18-49 viewers, TODAY has now posted 131 consecutive weekly wins and has finished #1 in 137 of the last 139 weeks and 148 of the last 152 weeks
- TODAY delivered its highest A18-49 audience and widest advantages over GMA and CBS since the week of 12/11/2017
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s A18-49 viewership increased by +99,000 (+8%) and widened its advantage over GMA by 68% and CBS by 31%
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY added +28,000 A18-49 viewers (+2%), nearly doubling its lead over GMA while increasing over CBS by 21%
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A18-49 viewers for 83 consecutive daily broadcasts
- TODAY’s 1.00 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.22 points and CBS by +0.42 points
TODAY averaged 4.651 million total viewers, outperforming GMA by +270,000 (+6%) and CBS This Morning by +1.019 million (+28%)
- TODAY ranked #1 among total viewers for the eighth time in the last 11 weeks
- TODAY posted its highest total viewership and widest leads over the competition since the week of 11/27/2017
- TODAY delivered the largest total viewer increase vs. prior week: +420,000 (+10%) compared to GMA +59,000 (+1%) and CBS +33,000 (+1%)
- TODAY was the only morning program to post total viewer growth vs. the same week last season, up +296,000 (+7%)
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS was 93% higher than the same week last year (+1.019 million vs. +528,000 prior year)
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers
- Leads GMA by +182,000 and CBS by +596,000
TODAY ranks #1 among A18-49 viewers
- Leads GMA by +208,000 and CBS by +465,000
TODAY ranks #1 among total viewers
- Leads GMA by +24,000; best STD P2+ margin vs. GMA since 2011-12.
- Leads CBS by +737,000
TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS:
TODAY reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo with over 35 million unique visitors turning to TODAY.com in December for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 50 consecutive months (59 out of the last 60), TODAY.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo. TODAY.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to delivering more than 3.8x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in December 2017.