‘TODAY’ IS #1 MORNING SHOW SEASON-TO-DATE
NEW YORK – February 6, 2018 – NBC News’ TODAY is currently #1 in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49 for the 2017-2018 season to date. TODAY also topped the competition in the key A25-54 demo once again for 110 straight weeks, marking its best streak in over five years. Additionally, TODAY won the A18-49 demo for a consecutive 130 weeks. TODAY also gains 147,000 total viewers over GMA, up 62% from a year ago.
Additionally, Megyn Kelly TODAY at 9 a.m. and TODAY with Kathie Lee and Hoda at 10 a.m. were both up week-to-week in total viewers (+1% and +5%, respectively), and both hours held steady in A25-54 with 10 a.m. improving by 1% from the week prior.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.59||10||3,599||0.60||774||0.85||1,026|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.11||13||4,321||0.79||1,021||1.17||1,412|
TODAY is currently #1 in P2+, A25-54, & A18-49 for the 2017-18 season-to-date
TODAY averaged 1.573 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +161,000 (+11%) and CBS This Morning by +547,000 (+53%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 110 consecutive weeks (best streak in over five years) and 126 of the last 127 weeks
- TODAY won all five mornings among A25-54 viewers
- TODAY delivered a 1.30 A25-54 rating, +0.13 points ahead of GMA and +0.45 points more than CBS
TODAY averaged 1.186 million A18-49 viewers, +165,000 (+16%) more than GMA and +412,000 (+53%) higher than CBS
- Among A18-49 viewers, TODAY has now posted 130 consecutive weekly wins and has finished #1 in 136 of the last 138 weeks and 147 of the last 151 weeks
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY improved its A18-49 lead over GMA by 16% (+165,000 vs. +142,000 last year)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A18-49 viewers for 78 consecutive daily broadcasts
- TODAY’s 0.92 A18-49 rating led GMA by +0.13 points and CBS by +0.32 points
TODAY averaged 4.231 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +632,000 (+18%)
- TODAY’s total viewer gap vs. GMA was 62% closer than year ago (-90,000 vs. -237,000 last year).
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS was 9% higher than the same week last year (+632,000 vs. +581,000 prior year)
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers
- Leads GMA by +175,000 and CBS by +590,000
TODAY ranks #1 among A18-49 viewers
- Leads GMA by +204,000 and CBS by +460,000
TODAY ranks #1 among total viewers
- Leads GMA by +8,000; best STD P2+ margin vs. GMA since 2011-12.
- Leads CBS by +720,000
TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS:
TODAY reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo with over 35 million unique visitors turning to TODAY.com in December for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 50 consecutive months (59 out of the last 60), TODAY.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo. TODAY.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to delivering more than 3.8x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in December 2017.