NEW YORK, NY – December 19, 2017 – For the twelfth consecutive year, USA Network will end 2017 as the #1 most-watched ad-supported cable entertainment network – the longest streak in television history.
USA’s 2017 success was driven by a powerful mix of new and returning series, including THE SINNER, the #1 new cable series of the year; CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST, the year’s #1 half hour cable series; perennial ratings juggernauts WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE; and original dramas COLONY, MR. ROBOT, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SHOOTER and SUITS – all of which ranked #1 in their time period among key demos.*
- THE SINNER is the #1 new cable series of the year among P18-49, P25-54, P18-34 and P2+. Throughout its run, the series ranked as Wednesday’s #1 primetime drama in all of television (broadcast and cable) for P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34 and W2+. Recently nominated for two Golden Globes® and two Critics Choice® awards, the acclaimed series is also 2017’s #1 new cable drama on STB VOD.**
- Driven by WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE, USA Network is the #1 cable entertainment network on Mondays and Tuesdays (P18-49, P25-54, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+).
- USA’s stable of original dramas, including COLONY, MR. ROBOT, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SHOOTER, THE SINNER and SUITS, all ranked as the #1 cable drama in their time period during their premiere run.***
- Powerhouse unscripted series CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST is the most-watched half-hour series of the year among both P2+ and W2+ in ad supported cable -- and the #1 cable entertainment series in STB VOD.
- USA is the year’s #1 cable entertainment network for social engagements (3.3 billion total), more than double its nearest competitor. Additionally, 2017 was USA digital’s best year since 2010 for video streams (web and app).****
- USA’s original series garnered significant acclaim and accolades in 2017, including four Emmy® nominations, three Golden Globe® nominations including Best Television Limited Series (for THE SINNER), and three Critics’ Choice® nominations. In addition, THE SINNER was an official selection at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival.
About USA Network
USA Network, the leader in cable entertainment, offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals in more than 102 million U.S. homes. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. USA’s award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com. Watch USA Network anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.
* All TV claims: Nielsen; Live+7 data for 12/26/17-12/2/17; Prime = M-Su 8p-11p; YTD series ranks exclude repeats, movies, sports, and specials; YTD new series claim only includes series that premiered in 2017 and excludes miniseries. All rankers are for programs with at least three telecasts; half-hour series are series whose average duration is 20-40 minutes.
** VOD claims: comScore’s Industry Title Ranking Report for YTD 2017 (through October) Cable Entertainment category STB VOD.
*** Season runs and time periods are for programs that start within the hour (or half-hour for CKB), include all telecasts (new episodes and repeats), and have the date ranges and time periods as follows:
- Colony S2 (1/12/17-4/6/17, Thu. 10-11pm): #1 P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34, W2+
- Mr. Robot S3TD (10/11/17-11/29/17, Wed. 10-11pm). #1 P18-34, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+
- Queen of the South S2 (6/8/17-8/31/17, Thu. 10-11pm). #1 P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34, W2+
- Shooter S2 (7/18/17-9/5/17, Tue. 10-11pm). #1 P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+, W2+
- The Sinner (8/2/17-9/20/17, Wed. 10-11pm). #1 P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, P2+, M2+, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34, W2+
- Suits S7A (7/12/17-9/13/17). #1 P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34, W2+
**** Digital claims: Omniture. Engagement claim: ListenFirst, Episodic+, 2017TD (12/26/16-11/26/17), excl news and sports nets, total engagements across Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and Wikipedia, data as of 12/12/17.
Senior Vice President, Communications