TODAY Wins 175 Weeks in Key Demo, Best Streak in 6 Years
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Monday and Friday
NEW YORK – May 7, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 175 consecutive weeks in first place, TODAY’s best demo streak in more than six years. TODAY also won in total viewers last Monday and Friday.
TODAY averaged 1.271 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +111,000 (+10%) and CBS This Morning by +511,000 (+67%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 175 consecutive weeks (best streak in over six years) and 191 of the last 192 weeks
- Vs. prior year, TODAY’s A25-54 viewership was down -9% (-126,000) vs. GMA and CBS also both down -9%
- Vs. prior week, TODAY was mostly flat (-4,000) vs. GMA +1% and CBS -6%. TODAY’s A25-54 lead vs. CBS was 9% higher than prior week.
TODAY averaged 916,000 A18-49 viewers, +116,000 (+15%) ahead of GMA and +387,000 (+73%) higher than CBS
- Vs. prior week, TODAY added the most A18-49 viewers (+6,000, or +1%) and increased its A18-49 lead over ABC by 4% and CBS by 8%.
TODAY averaged 3.903 million total viewers leading CBS by +855,000 (+28%)
- TODAY won two mornings among total viewers (Monday and Friday)
- Vs. prior year, TODAY increased its total viewers lead over CBS by 5%.
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49
TODAY is having its biggest season-to-date total viewer lead over CBS in three years
o TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS is up 22% vs. the same period last season (+903,000 vs. +742,000 last season)