Enhanced “Premier League Pass” Features Same-Day, Full Event Replay for ALL 380 Matches for First Time, New Sky Sports Content, and More Than 1,400 Hours of Exclusive Shoulder Programming
NBC Sports Gold ‘s “Premier League Pass” Available Now for $64.99; "Premier League MatchDay” Pass Available Now for $39.99 – Both Feature Minimum of 4 Matches Per Club
Exclusive Content Begins Wednesday, August 7 with Season Preview Programming
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 9, 2019 – NBC Sports Gold – NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product – has launched its upgraded “Premier League Pass,” plus its new “Premier League MatchDay Pass” for the 2019-20 season. Both offerings feature 140 exclusive live matches and at least four matches per club.
For the first time, “Premier League Pass” will also include full-event replay for all 380 matches on demand*, new Sky Sports content, and more than 1,400 hours of the most robust offering of Premier League shoulder programming ever available in the U.S. Fans can purchase the enhanced “Premier League Pass,” priced at $64.99, today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com. “Premier League MatchDay Pass,” which features 140 live matches is priced at $39.99, and is available for purchase today at NBCSportsGold.com.
This season’s “Premier League Pass” includes special access to Sky Sports content, featuring two shows each weekend of Premier League action: Soccer Saturday, which discusses the day's matches, and Goals on Sunday, which features a panel discussion on Saturday’s major highlights and storylines.
Programming on this season’s “Premier League Pass” debuts on Wednesday, August 7 – two days ahead of the Friday, August 9 kickoff of the 2019-20 Premier League season.
NBC Sports Gold’s new “Premier League MatchDay Pass” debuts on Saturday, August 10.
The direct-to-consumer “Premier League Pass,” which provides fans in the U.S. exclusive, commercial-free access to 140 live Premier League matches (with at least four matches per Premier League club) and an unprecedented suite of shoulder programming, is powered by Playmaker Media, and will stream coverage live and on-demand via desktop, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
Programming on the NBC Sports Gold “Premier League Pass” will include:
- Exclusive, commercial-free access to 140 Premier League matches live and on-demand* (at least four matches per Premier League club). (*On-demand matches will be available beginning at 9 p.m. ET on the day of the match.)
- MORE THAN 1,400 HOURS of shoulder programming throughout the week-
- Daily Content:
- Premier League Today – daily, weekday program showcasing the top news stories from around the Premier League.
- Fanzone – a daily international fans’ phone-in show, which also includes Skype callers, as well as social media contributors and emailers.
- The Weekend Review – a two-hour studio show reviewing every weekend match with expert analysis, a former referee discussing the key decisions and VAR talking points, and the best post-match reactions.
- The Headline Makers – a 60-minute studio show featuring journalists from around the world offering perspective on what’s happening in the Premier League.
- The Watching World– a 30-minute show dedicated to Premier League coverage from around the world, which features the top content from the past week’s international broadcasts, including the best discussions, analysis, interviews, debates, and more.
- Netbusters – a half-hour program which showcases all the goals, misses, saves, bloopers and quotes from each round of matches using alternative camera angles.
- Premier League World – the weekly magazine show provides club updates, with manager and player interviews, and showcases features from around the world.
- The Big Interview – Exclusive sit-down interviews with the biggest names in the Premier League.
- 1-11 – a Premier League legend or current player reveals the best 11 they’ve played with and against.
- The Analysis Show – a 60-minute show providing the first look ahead to the weekend fixtures with detailed analysis.
- Inside the Premier League – a 30-minute show offering unique insight into the Premier League through sports science, tactical trends and top performances.
- Match Pack – on Thursdays, a half-hour magazine show previewing the weekend’s matches using in-depth statistical data and graphic animation.
- Fantasy Premier League – on Thursdays, this show offers fantasy managers the latest inside information, tips and predictions based on the Premier League’s global online fantasy game.
- The Kelly & Wrighty Show – a 90-minute preview of all the weekend’s action with Sky Sports’ Kelly Cates and Arsenal legend Ian Wright.
- Weekend Warm-Up – With a mix of new features and strands, this weekly studio show features the best preview material directly from the Premier League clubs.
- Premier League Preview – a comprehensive, fast-paced look ahead to the weekend building up to the major matches, which also includes key comments from the day’s press conferences.
- Soccer Saturday (Sky) – Coverage from 10 a.m.- Noon ET on Sky Sports News highlighting the day’s Premier League action.
- Goals on Sunday (Sky) – A panel of commentators dissect Saturday’s Premier League action and look ahead to Sunday’s games.
- Additional weekly programming:
- THE MEN IN BLAZERS SHOW – 30-minute show featuring popular soccer personalities Michael Davies and Roger Bennett, who have received critical acclaim for their wit and rapport discussing international soccer for an American audience.
- Match of the Day – An in-depth look at each day’s matches, featuring long form highlights and match commentary.
- Season Preview (2019-20) – A look ahead to the upcoming season with a focus on the major storylines, players and favorites in the Premier League.
- Premier League Download – NBC Sports Group’s exclusive series, Premier League Download has both entertained and educated audiences by taking in-depth looks at some of the league’s biggest topics and themes. Prior seasons’ shows featured managers Pep Guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, and Jose Mourinho.
- Additional archival programming:
- Gary Neville’s Soccerbox – Premier League legend Gary Neville sits down with former teammates and rivals to relive their most compelling matches.
- Premier League Legends – a docuseries profiling the greatest and most influential players in the history of the Premier League.
- Premier League World: Alex Ferguson Special – An hour-long feature encapsulating the legendary career of the iconic Manchester United manager.
- The Noisy Neighbours – A look back at the final day of the 2011-12 Premier League season, as Manchester City won the Premier League title in epic fashion over crosstown rivals Manchester United.
- Never Lose Faith: The Sunderland AFC Story – An insightful documentary exploring the trials and tribulations of Sunderland fans over the history of the club.
- Tottenham Hotspur: To Dare is to Do – Roger Bennett’s in-depth look at the history of Tottenham Hotspur and the impact of the club’s new stadium.
- 2018-19 Season Review – A look back at all the action and storylines that made the 2018-18 Premier League campaign one to remember.
NBC Sports Group will continue to present its traditional TV schedule, offering at least one match in each Premier League match time window, across NBC, NBCSN, and CNBC, as well as online on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app for mobile, tablets and connected TV devices. There will be no decrease in matches on NBC and NBCSN compared to prior seasons.
NBC Sports Gold is available on Apple iOS, Apple TV, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 17 individual sports “passes” – ten domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Premier League Match Day, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app. Available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com.