NEW YORK – September 14, 2016 – Seeso today announced its “12-Week Stand-Up Streaming Fest” with 12-weeks of exclusive original stand-up comedy specials and series beginning October 20 through January 5. The following comedy specials will debut throughout the festival’s run:
- Jena Friedman’s “AMERICAN CUNT” (Premieres October 20)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by Irene Tu, Featuring Cameron Esposito, Rhea Butcher, Matt Braunger, Steve Byrne and Harrison Greenbaum (Premieres October 20)
- Janeane Garofalo’s “IF I MAY” (Premieres October 27)
- “SCHTICK OR TREAT: HALLOWEEN STAND UP SPECIAL” Hosted By: Mark Normand and Matt Ruby, Featuring Adam Mamawala, Nick Vatterott, Amber Nelson, Robert Dean, Myq Kaplan, Julio Torres, Anthony Kapfer, Brett Druck, Katie Hannigan, Jordan Temple, Carolyn Castiglia, Jim Tews, Justin Williams, Doogie Horner, JP McDade, Matteo Lane, Dina Hashem, Maria Wojciechowski, Robbie Goodwin, Andy Pitz, Tyler Fischer, Jeff Wesselschmidt, Eli Sairs and Joel Walkowski (Premieres October 27)
- Mo Mandel’s “NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT” (Premieres November 3)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by DJ Real, Featuring Mike Lawrence, Maeve Higgins, The Sklar Brothers and Sam Morril (Premieres November 3)
- “ADD PRESENTS: TYREE ELAINE” (Premieres November 10)
- “ADD PRESENTS: ROBERT POWELL” (Premieres November 10)
- Dan Levy’s “LION” (Premieres November 17)
- “TURNT UP” Hosted by Eliza Skinner and Josh Silverstein, Featuring Jessica McKenna, Demi Adejuyigbe, Nicole Parker, Matt Geiler, Ross Bryant and Marshall Givens (Premiers November 17)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Aries Spears (Premieres November 24)
- “MCSWEENEY’S INTERNET TENDENCY LIVE!” Hosted by Caitlin Gill, Featuring Eddie Pepitone, Ron Lynch, Laura Kightlinger, Megan Koester, Anna Seregina, Nato Green, Irene Tu and Colin Mahan. (Premieres November 24)
- Joe Matarese’s “MEDICATED” (Premieres December 1)
- Lachlan Patterson’s “LIVE AT VENICE BEACH” (Premieres December 1)
- “THE GUEST LIST”: Hosted by Casey Ley, Featuring Gilbert Godfrey, Chris Garcia, Alex Kroll, Janelle James and Sean Donnelly (December 8)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Joey CoCo Diaz (Premieres December 9)
- “FUNNY AS HELL” Season Six, Hosted by John Dore, Featuring Mary Lynn Rajskub, Emo Philips, Sean Patton, Adam Newman, Thomas Dale, Liza Treyger, Sean Donelly, Sam Morril, Byron Bowers, Kurt Metzger, Cameron Esposito, Eugene Mirman, James Davis, Aparna Nancherla, Bert Kreischer, Gina Yashere, Matt Braunger and Beth Stelling (Premieres December 15)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Nick Thune (Premieres December 22)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Ian Harvie (Premieres December 29)
- Laurie Kilmartin’s “45 JOKES ABOUT MY DEAD DAD” (Premieres December 29)
- An all-new exclusive stand-up special from Brian Posehn (Premieres January 2)
"Stand up is now bigger than ever, and we wanted to celebrate that with this huge festival of funny," said Evan Shapiro, Executive Vice President, Digital Enterprises, NBCUniversal. "But unlike most festivals where you have to buy an expensive pass, and schlep to the middle of nowhere, we’re bringing this festival right to you, for less than the price of a warm beer."
The “12-Week Stand-Up Streaming Fest” builds on Seeso’s continued commitment to bringing comedy fans the best of stand-up, including “WYATT CENAC’S NIGHT TRAIN,” “BIG JAY OAKERSON’S WHAT’S YOUR F@%KING DEAL?!,” Cameron Esposito’s first-ever stand-up special “MARRIAGE MATERIAL,” Doug Stanhope’s “NO PLACE LIKE HOME” and Matt Besser’s “BESSER BREAKS THE RECORD,” among many others.
Janeane Garofalo’s “IF I MAY,” Mo Mandel’s “NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT,” Dan Levy’s “LION,” and exclusive all-new stand-up specials from Aries Spears, Joey CoCo Diaz, Nick Thune, Ian Harvie and Brian Posehn all are produced by Comedy Dynamics.
Lachlan Patterson’s “LIVE FROM VENICE BEACH,” “THE GUEST LIST” special editions, “TURNT UP,” “SCHTICK OR TREAT: HALLOWEEN STAND UP SPECIAL” and “MCSWEENEY’S INTERNET TENDENCY LIVE!” are produced by Rooftop Comedy.
Seeso is the new, ad-free streaming comedy channel from NBCUniversal’s Digital Enterprises. The channel gives comedy viewers access to over 2,000 hours of original programming, with new, original content rolling out daily. Viewers are able to access the curated library for $3.99 a month via www.seeso.com, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick as well as Amazon Instant Video.