MARCH 6, 2018 – “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” is the #1 most-watched evening broadcast in the key news demo for the week of February 26, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The broadcast continues its winning streak in the key demo, averaging 2.0 million A25-54 viewers and beating “ABC World News Tonight” by +97,000 viewers (+5%) and “CBS Evening News” by +595,000 viewers (+44%).
On Tuesday, February 27, “Nightly News” was first to feature Cynthia McFadden’s exclusive reporting which named seven states whose election infrastructure was infiltrated by Russia in the lead up to the 2016 election. Additionally, the Thursday March 1st and Friday March 2nd broadcasts both featured never-before-seen portions of Megyn Kelly’s exclusive sit down with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
For 134 of the past 135 weeks, “Nightly News” is the most-watched among A18-49 viewers and, for the week of February 26, averaged 1.4 million, topping ABC by +122,000 viewers (+10%) and CBS by +465,000 viewers (+51%).
8.5 million total viewers tuned in to “Nightly News” for the week of February 26 besting “CBS Evening News” by +2.0 million total viewers (+30%). “Nightly News” is the only evening newscast to grow audience week-over-week, up +162,000 (+2%), compared to “ABC World News Tonight” which was down -252,000 viewers (-3%) and “CBS Evening News” which was down -108,000 viewers (-2%). Year-over-year, “Nightly News” is up +140,000 viewers (+2%).
“Nightly News” continues as the #1 most-watched evening newscast season-to-date in the key demo, delivering its largest demo lead over CBS in seven seasons.
# # #
- “Nightly News” averaged 2.0 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +97,000 viewers (+5%) and CBS by +595,000 (+44%).
- “Nightly News” has ranked #1 in A25-54 for 89 consecutive weeks.
- “Nightly News” marked the longest key demo winning streak in more than 4.5 years.
- “Nightly News” averaged 1.4 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +122,000 (+10%) and CBS by +465,000 (+51%).
- Among A18-49 viewers, Nightly News has won 134 of the last 135 weeks.
- “Nightly News” averaged 8.5 million total viewers, beating CBS by +2.0 million (+30%).
- “Nightly News” is the #1 evening newscast this season in A25-54 and A18-49
- “Nightly News” holds its largest A25-54 demo advantage over CBS in seven seasons.
Week of February 26 – March 2, 2018:
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
ABOUT NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the most-watched evening newscast in America, providing the very latest on the day’s top stories and going beyond the headlines to add context and analysis to the most pressing issues of our times. NBC Nightly News reaches more than 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the Nightly News app, and social media platforms. Lester Holt is the anchor, and Sam Singal is the executive producer.
# # #
For more information contact: